UI5 Spreadsheet Upload Component¶
Beta Version: While core functionality is intact, there may still be bugs and the APIs may change!
This component provides functionality for the bulk upload of data and the quick creation of records, with support for standard identification. Its use is independent of the backend, OData version, and Fiori scenario. Importing data is achieved by reading Spreadsheet files and utilizing standard digital APIs. The component does not submit the file itself, but instead submits the data extracted from the Spreadsheet files. Its integration is designed to be as simple as possible, ideally requiring no configuration.
- Supports upload from List Report/Object Page in Fiori Elements with or without draft
- Usable across all Fiori scenarios (Fiori Elements, Freestyle, OpenUI5, V2/V4)
- Includes several frontend checks
- Capability to download a pregenerated Spreadsheet template
- Extension Points for uploading to App or sending to the backend
- Supports multiversion namespace in Fiori Launchpad
- Provides multilanguage support (DE,EN,ES,FR,HI,IT,JA,ZH)
- Option to send to Backend in batch or single requests (batch size configurable)
- Standalone Mode (upload to app without sending to backend)
- Functionality to preview uploaded data
- Automatic draft activation
- Button control for simplified integration
- Generator for immediate integration
For discussions about the suitability of the component for your use case, you can schedule an appointment here free of charge.
You can try this component live at:
The demo app uses OData V4, UI5 version 1.108, and a CAP backend.
Data is reset every hour on the hour.
Find a selection of blog posts about this control:
- Simplifying Spreadsheet Upload in Fiori Elements: The Open Source and Easy-to-Use UI5 Custom Control
- Create a UI5 Custom Library with Versioning Using a Multi-Version Namespace
- Automating UI5 Testing with GitHub Actions and wdi5 in Multiple Scenarios
- Load Data from an Spreadsheet File in UI5 and Display the Data in a Table with this Open Source Component